You gain 41 pounds every year. 41 pounds of junk mail.
On the average Americans get 560 pieces of unwanted mail annually, or about 11 pieces a week.
OVER 60 BILLION PIECES OF UNSOLICITED U.S. MAIL SENT ANNUALLY WILL:
LOSE THE FLAB!
How do you celebrate Junk Mail Awareness Week? Try some of these simple actions:
1. Remove your name from the Direct Marketing Association list at: http://www.DMAConsumers.org
2. Remove your name from credit card and insurance mailings: Simply "Opt Out" by visiting www.OptOutPrescreen.com.
3. Contact retailers and mailers and ask them to remove your name from lists for catalogs or contests.
4. When purchasing online or subscribing, check the box that says, "Please do not rent, sell or trade my name or address." No box? Make the request by phone, e-mail or letter.
5. Support legislation to allow opting out of ALL direct-mail advertising (like the Do Not Call registry).
THESE SERVICES WILL CONTACT DIRECT MAILERS ON YOUR BEHALF, FOR A FEE:
Read more on how to remove your junk mail: