Does your website runs on an open source Content Management System (CMS) such as Wordpress or Joomla? Then you're familiar with the need for regular security and maintenance updates.
Last month Kahl Consultants worked on Wordpress updates for our clients, and this month we have an important Joomla update.
Joomla! 3.6 Now Out!
The Joomla! Project has released Joomla! 3.6 with more than 400 improvements, including many features which make administration of Joomla! Web sites easier and more feature-rich, as well as many UX (user experience) improvements.
Going from Joomla! 3.5 to 3.6 is a one-click update and not a migration. It can typically be done without any diffculties, but this also depends on the components and extensions that your Joomla! site is using.
If you need assistance with a Joomla! update you can contact Kahl Consultants for assistance.
Here are some 3.6 highlights:
- Joomla! Update improved to allow you to reinstall Joomla’s core files at the click of a button.
- Joomla! 3.6 contains a lot of UX improvements.
- With the new Sub Form Field function in Joomla! 3.6, we added some extra additional functionality next to Repeatable fields.
- Create categories on the fly: It can get frustrating when you create a new item, and you realise that you haven’t created a category yet. Joomla! 3.6 now lets you create a category on the fly for articles, contacts, newsfeeds and banners.
- See what's in your menus with All Menu Items: new option shows all items from all menus. Gives a quick overview of what is displayed where on your site.
- Much more!